Klinik Pergigian Sentul - Personal Experience Wisdom Tooth Removal
Klinik Pergigian Sentul – Government Dental Clinic in Wilayah Persekutuan, Kuala Lumpur. Sentul Dental Clinic is one of the dental clinics under the administration of Kepong Dental Health Office, Kuala Lumpur & Putrajaya Federal Territory Health Department. sentul dental clinic is located in a 3 -storey shop house building. it is close to the petron petrol station. Klinik pergigian sentul general treatment clinic is located at No.189a, jalan perhentian, off jln. hj salleh 51100 sentul, kuala lumpur. tel: 6 (03) 4041 8787.
A tooth becomes impacted when there is not enough space to allow its full emergence from the jaw bone. When this is the case, the tooth can become stuck in incorrect positions by the bone, gums, or another tooth. This prevents normal emergence of the tooth into the dental arch. When a tooth becomes impacted, specifically if it is partially emerged above the gum line, it can lead to problems such as infections, decay of adjacent teeth, or cyst development involving the impacted tooth.
Sometimes, impacted wisdom teeth do not cause any symptoms, and the only way your dentist can know that it is impacted is through dental x-rays. However, in other instances, impacted wisdom teeth can cause the following symptoms:
- Swelling, particularly around the gums or around the jaw
- Jaw pain
- Bleeding gums (this is also a symptom of periodontal disease)
- Bad breath
- Difficulty opening your mouth
- An unpleasant taste in your mouth
After decided to pay a visit at Klinik Pergigian Sentul, I went on the next day early morning. Reach there around 7.45am and found a parking space to park my car nearby the clinic, There's a long queue in front of me about 23 person. The queue system are good, show your IC and they will write down you name in the queue book and ask you to come back on the time that been given. 30 minutes for each slot and mine slot are at 11.30am. at this moment, I was thinking where and what should I do in these three hour. Most of them go back home and come back to the clinic later but for me I'm Lazy to drive back home and come back here again. So, I went to nearest mamak get my breakfast and take longer time lepak there to waste my time. Then walk 15 minutes to Sentul Poslaju for parcel drop Then walk back slowly, after that 9.30a.m went to another part for banking purpose. went to maybank and public bank to renew my Debit card that gonna expired soon, after done all the banking things the watch shows 10:15a.m. OMG, there are still one hour more to go. Nevermind, I sat down at a north Indian Cuisine restaurant to have a good cup of tea, sat there for an hour then head back to clinic because must be there at 11.15a.m for the doctor appointment check.
11.20a.m, Give them IC and register at the desk. Nurse will fill up a new red record book and the register fee is RM1 and will ask you one question "are you government servant" ?. For me "no".
While waiting nurse will call your name and do some check up on blood pressure reading, ask some medical and disease condition. everything will be recorded in the red book, Please be honest on this. They need to know before any removal or surgery gone wrong, so they can avoid and find another way to help you.
11.40a.m, EDDY RUSH!! EDDY RUSH!!, Nurse was calling my name out loud. In sudden I was nervous because of the removal, it was like OMG OMG finally I'm getting it remove after so long. Was invited into the room by the nurse and the doctor asked me to lay down on the chair, "open your mouth, we will look into it and record your tooth condition and position" . I was like " Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa", then doctor was bla bla bla to the nurse to write down. after look and check those tooths that took 10 minutes, Doctor said " we need to do an X-RAY on your wisdom teeth before hand on surgery to see what is the exact the wisdom tooth located, Come back again later at 2p.m for X-RAY section" . I'm telling to myself " WHAT!!, need to wait another two hour OMG, where should I go this time" . Okay fine, I went to nearby malay warung to have lunch to spend as long time as I can and spend another hour In my car.
2pm, walk back to the clinic, and register for X-RAY appointment.
3.30pm, Dr. Hana herself invited me into the room and explain the teeth position and what procedure to be taken. Once again I thought the removal will be done today because for long hour waiting but unfortunately not like what I thought. Dr. Hana set an appointment for the minor surgery on 31st May, I will meet Dr. Hana again for another three week stay tuned for the latest update.
9.00a.m, Ding dong 4001 Room 2. I was so nervous at this time and pray hard that will be done ASAP, Dr. Hana and the Indian Lady Nurse Assistant is ready with full PPE. Lining up all the Dental Tools, All was the common tool, what catch my eye is the plyer and screwdriver OMG. 2 anesthetic been injected before starting and during half time when I raise my hand for pain. Start with scalpel cut open the gum, then use something like mini drill and drill all the time to break the teeth apart to small pieces until the end. And the sound was scary but without any pain until gets near to the teeth Veins there is slightly pain comes in and that the moment I raise my hand for pain then injected again anesthetic for comfortable, I have no idea how much blood I lost because we can't see and the gums are Numb and hopefully I don't bleed much because I fell dizzy after that. Get more sweet drink will be fine then. When 20 minutes before done, plyer and screwdriver were use because my teeth stick hard in the gum. Dr. hana was pushing and peeling the teeth hard but don't worry No pain at all and my jaw feel like falling apart.
10.30a.m, almost 99% done. I have feel no pain at all even the surgery was end, just when the half way need to add anesthetic to continue. I can say and praise that Dr. Hana and the Indian Lady Nurse Assistant are really professional, they done with patient and no rushing at all. Doing in detail clear everything out and stitch the wounds shut properly so they heal quickly. These stitches usually dissolve after a few days. They also stuff gauze pads in my mouth to soak up some of the blood. In the same time, Dr. Hana tell me what to do & don't.
In My story, What I wanted to point out is what I said early " buy time or spend time". Spend your time to save your wallet or Spend your money to save your time, all of us are in different cases. some need it ASAP maybe in pain or mind wasting of time, Private Clinic can do it in two days solve all the problem fast. Let's say One day for the check up and X-RAY(half hour) then the next day can go on for the minor surgery(one hour), the cost of removal can be RM2++.00 - RM1+++.00. For the Government Clinic around Malaysia in my Experience, Queue, check up and X-RAY(seven hour waiting time, 40 minutes to process) then set appointment three weeks onwards. The cost of removal can be RM1.00 - RM50.00, So this what we call it Money or Time.
Wisdom Teeth Removal: What Adults Should Expect
Your dentist says it’s time to remove your wisdom teeth. They may refer you to an oral surgeon, who will do the procedure in their office. It should only take a few days for you to heal and feel back to normal.
Why Take Them Out?
Wisdom teeth are a third set of molars in the back of your mouth. They usually come in between the ages of 17 and 25, and they're spotted on X-rays. Most people have them removed for one of these reasons:
- They’re impacted. Because they're so far back in your mouth, wisdom teeth may not come in normally. They can be trapped in your jawbone or gums, which can be painful.
- They come in at the wrong angle. They may press against your other teeth.
- Your mouth isn’t big enough. Your jaw has no room for an extra set of molars.
- You have cavities or gum disease. You may not be able to reach your wisdom teeth with your toothbrush or dental floss.
You’ll meet with the oral surgeon to talk about the process. At this appointment, make sure you:
- Talk about any health problems you have.
- List any drugs you take on a regular basis.
- Ask any questions you have about the surgery.
- Discuss what type of anesthesia you’ll have. You can either be numb or asleep during your surgery.
- Plan time off from work or school to have your surgery and rest afterward at home. Set up child care, pet care, or a ride home if needed.
Your surgery should take 45 minutes or less.
You’ll get one of these types of anesthesia so you don’t feel pain during the removal:
- Local: Your doctor will numb your mouth with a shot of local anesthetic such as novocaine, lidocaine or mepivicaine. You may also breathe nitrous oxide, or laughing gas, to relax or even doze during surgery. You should feel alert again shortly afterward.
- IV sedation: The surgeon will numb your mouth and also give you drugs through a vein in your arm to make you drowsy. You might sleep during the whole procedure.
- General: You’ll either get drugs through a vein or breathe gas in through a mask. You’ll be asleep the whole time and might not wake up for an hour or so after the surgery.
Everyone responds differently to anesthesia. If you had a local anesthetic and feel alert, you might be able to drive home to begin your recovery. You might even be able to go back to work or do your normal activities. If you had general anesthesia or still feel drowsy, you’ll need someone to drive you home.
Most people have little to no pain after surgery. You'll likely have swelling and mild discomfort for 3 or so days. Your mouth may need a few weeks to completely heal.
Follow your doctor’s instructions for a quicker recovery. Here are some tips for the first 3 days after surgery:
- Use an ice pack on your face to curb swelling or skin color changes.
- Use moist heat for a sore jaw.
- Gently open and close your mouth to exercise your jaw.
- Eat soft foods like pasta, rice, or soup.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Brush your teeth starting the second day. Don’t brush against any blood clots.
- Take the drugs your doctor prescribes to ease pain or swelling.
- Call your doctor if you have a fever, or if your pain or swelling doesn’t improve.
- Don’t drink through a straw. Sucking may loosen blood clots that help your mouth heal.
- Don’t rinse your mouth too harshly. Your doctor may suggest rinsing gently with saltwater.
- Don’t eat hard, crunchy, or sticky foods that may scratch your wounds.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking can slow your healing.
The most important thing you need to know is the operate day and time, Because this is Government Clinic nothing much can be complain. they are not operate saturday and sunday, Must be there early before they open to get your time slot. open sharp at 8a.m.
JADUAL PERKHIDMATAN KLINIK PERGIGIAN SENTUL
8.00 PAGI – 1.00 TGH HARI
2.00 – 5.00 PETANG
8.00 PAGI – 12.15 TGH HARI
2.45 – 5.00 PETANG
Klinik Pergigian Sentul
189A, Jalan Perhentian,
Off Jln. Hj Salleh,
51100 Sentul, Kuala Lumpur
Sabtu, Ahad & Cuti Umum Tutup
Post a Comment