Heineken Star Serve National Finals 2018 | Malaysia
Malaysia has a new ‘star’ bartender, as the Heineken® Star Serve 2018 winner was crowned today at Blackbox, Publika. In a tightly-contested finale, eight of Malaysia’s finest bartenders went head-to-head to bag the title of the best Heineken® bartender in Malaysia, with Edilon C. Cauilan from The Beer Factory, Raja Uda emerging victorious.
The Heineken® Star Serve 2018 winner will join 2017 winner Daimler Kenn Cagas, in a face off during the pre-finals in Amsterdam. The winner will then represent Malaysia at the Heineken® Global Bartender 2018 finals the next day. They hope to emulate the success of Sabahan, Eddy Jay Jaimin, who was crowned the Heineken® Global Bartender of the year in 2016.
“It’s been great to be part of Heineken® Star Serve, and winning is a dream come true. I’m looking forward to the next challenge and hopefully the chance to represent Malaysia in the Heineken® Global Bartender Final!” said Edilon.
HEINEKEN Malaysia’s Star Academy aims to provide a better drinking experience to fans of HEINEKEN Malaysia’s brews all across the country. This training provides knowledge and helps bartenders hone the art of perfect serve, delivering world-class beers and ciders at a world-class standard.
The eight finalists who represented their cities are as follows:
• Chris Arandela, The Beer Factory Express, Sunway Geo, representing Kuala Lumpur region;
• Edilon C. Cauilan from The Beer Factory, Raja Uda, representing Penang region;
• Vickson Leong from Speakeasy Bar and Kitchen representing Ipoh region;
• Chan Mei Yee from Midnight, Austin, representing Johor Bahru region;
• Ong Poh Wee from The Beer Factory, Malacca, representing Malacca region;
• Christopher Dela Cruz Malgapo from The Beer Factory, Sunway Giza, representing Petaling Jaya region;
• Richard Jugie from Sarawak Club representing Kuching region;
• Jeffrey Maniego Liban from The Shamrock Irish Bar, representing Kota Kinabalu region.www.Heineken.com/my or follow Heineken® on Instagram @HeinekenMY or Facebook/HeinekenMYS.
Heineken Malaysia Berhad
HEINEKEN Malaysia with its portfolio of iconic international brands is the leading brewer in the country. The Company brews, markets and distributes:
• The World’s No. 1 international premium beer Heineken® ;
• The World-acclaimed iconic Asian beer Tiger Beer, its doubly refreshing variant Tiger Radler; and its other innovative brew Tiger White – Asia’s Wheat Beer;
• The World’s No. 1 stout Guinness, and the unique smooth and fresh stout Guinness Bright;
• The World’s No. 1 cider Strongbow Apple Ciders
• The New Zealand inspired cider Apple Fox Cider
• The all-time local favourite Anchor Smooth, its latest variant Anchor Smooth Draught and its strong beer variant Anchor Strong;
• The premium Irish ale Kilkenny;
• The real shandy Anglia
HEINEKEN Malaysia also produces the wholesome, premium quality non-alcoholic Malta. HEINEKEN Malaysia’s brand portfolio also includes the No. 1 German wheat beer Paulaner, Japan’s No. 1 100% malt beer Kirin Ichiban and the World’s No. 1 ready-to-drink alcoholic beverage Smirnoff Ice. The Company continues to lead the responsible drinking agenda through its Drink Sensibly campaign.
Listed on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia, HEINEKEN Malaysia’s principal shareholder is GAPL Pte Ltd based in Singapore. GAPL Pte Ltd is 100% owned by Heineken N.V.
For more information please visit: www.heinekenmalaysia.com
Post a Comment